《How do I love thee》(我是多么爱你)是一首著名的十四行爱情诗,由英国诗人伊丽莎白·芭蕾特·布朗宁所写,也是整个维多利亚时代最美丽的爱情商籁体诗,诗句表达了真爱和深爱。
本期领读者丨王家利
18会计与金融学院金融专业,
喜欢拍照,看电影,听歌
剪辑 :施妍妍
垫乐: 绿柚子
文整理人:读者协会 武朝婵
How Do I Love Thee
作者:Michael Hoppe
How do I love thee?
Let me count the ways.
我是多么爱你?让我细细数来。
I love thee to the depth and breadth and height,
当感受淡出视线之外时,
My soul can reach,
when feeling out of sight,
我的灵魂可以才能够达到我爱你的深度、广度、高度,
For the ends of Being and ideal Grace.
生命尽了还有全部的祈祷,
I love thee to the level of everyday's,
我爱你的程度达到每天,
Most quiet need,
by sun and candlelight.
不可或缺,就像太阳和烛光一样,
I love thee freely,
as men strive for Right;
我慷慨的爱你,就像人类为正义而战,
I love thee purely,
as they turn from Praise.
我纯洁的爱你,就像人类带来的称赞,
I love thee with the passion put to use,
我爱你用尽我所有的激情,
In my old griefs,
and with my childhood's faith.
在我暮年悲痛时,我爱你如童年的信仰,
I love thee with a love I seemed to lose,
我爱你似乎要失去我这个,
With my lost saints,
I love thee with the breath,
虔诚的信徒--我与生命中的呼吸,
Smiles, tears, of all my life!
and, if God choose,
微笑和眼泪一起爱着你!-还有,如果上帝让选择的话,
I shall but love thee better after death.
我死后应会更加的爱你。
-END-